Saturday, February 8, 2020
Animas City Theatre
Thank you all for wanting to participate in KDUR Cover Night. These events are successful because of you. So on behalf of the KDUR Staff and the people that buy tickets for these events, thanks for donating your time and talent to this event. Feel free to pass this email along to your band mates, or, bands that might be interested in playing!
That said, due to its popularity, we’ve had to come up with some ground rules to keep things fair. If you have questions about these, feel free to call Jon Lynch, Program Director, 970-247-7400.
Cover night registration instructions
- Cover Night is at the Animas City Theatre, Saturday, February 8, 2020.
- Due to time constraints and the sanity of the organizers and Animas City Theatre staff, there will be a limit of 14 bands.
- Band registration and reserving of songs will begin on Saturday, December 14th at 10 a.m. Designate ONE point person/band representative. Include the name of this point person and their phone number in the reservation email.
- You MUST reserve your songs and register your bands by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Texting Jon Lynch or Bryant Liggett will not work. Emailing Jon or Bryant at their regular work emails will not work. Emailing them BEFORE at 10 a.m. will result in your band/choices being moved to the very "back of the line" so to speak. Not 9:58, not 9:59, 10:00am. Compose your email and set it up to auto-send if you must. We will respond, in the order received, *likely* on Monday, December 16th. We’ve decided this is what needs to be done to keep things fair.
- Remember: this is Sabbath Cover Night. No solo Ozzy. No solo Dio. Black Sabbath had 19 studio albums last I checked...so dig deep. As always, no repeated songs. As such, not everyone can play Sweet Leaf, Iron Man, Changes, or War Pigs...but every song off Paranoid is ripper, so dig in, and dig deep. The deeper the cut, the greater the likelihood that you'll get the song. Also, keep in mind many Sabbath tunes are LONG, so plan accordingly. Perhaps this means you only play 1 or 2 songs.
- Bands will be limited to 3 songs or 10 minutes. In order to keep it fair for all, you get 10 minutes. Keep in mind many Sabbath tunes are LONG, so plan accordingly. Perhaps this means you only play 1 or 2 songs?? Do you want to be the lucky band that does a 10-minute version of "Fairies Wear Boots" and only that tune? Great! Best of luck!
- Bands registering after the first 14 bands or so have registered will be put on a waiting list. Any questions? Again, feel free to call Jon Lynch, Program Director, 970-247-7400 - or better still - email them to email@example.com
Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding...we look forward to this night and to working with you to make it a smooth, successful event!